If there ever was a fighter in the Indian Cricket team, it is Yuvraj Singh. From fighting cancer to acing the field, this multi-talented cricketer has done it all. He has entertained us for many years and has now announced his retirement from the game and everybody is emotional. We at 106.3 FM Radio Olive salute the legend. Share with us some amazing facts about the champion that is Yuvraj Singh :
1. Cricketing is in his blood. Yuvraj is the son of former Indian fast bowler Yograj Singh.
2. Yuvraj is also a National Roller Skating Champion. He loved to skate and had won the Under-14 National Championship.
3. He was trained by the legends, himself. Senior Singh requested Navjot Singh to train a young Yuvraj.
4. Early start was the key to his career. Yuvraj had already started playing for Punjab U16 at the age of 13.
5. Yuvi, as his fans call him, got noticed for the first time when they played against Bihar U19 for the Cooch-Behar Trophy and he scored 358 runs.
6 ICC U19 World Cup 2000 was a big win not just for India but for Yuvi as well. He scored 84 runs in 80 balls.
7. Yuvi became the only the second Indian after Sachin Tendulkar to represent the county team of Yorkshire.
8. One of Yuvraj’s greatest achievements was the 6 sixes he hit one over. He was bowled by Stuart Broad in the match against England. This was the fourth time that six sixes had been hit in one over in senior cricket, the first time in Twenty20 cricket, and the first time in any form of international cricket against a bowler from a Test playing country.