Iftaar is the traditional evening meal to break the day long Ramadaan Fasting. As it is the most important meal that one eats, it is foremost to include healthy options in it and Hummus is one such great Mediterranean dish.
Hummus is rich, it is delicious while it packs a healthy punch too. The many health benefits that it has are :
1. It is a great vegan and plant based protein.
2. It is great for bone health.
3. It helps with weight loss.
4. Hummus can also help reduce blood sugar.
5. It also has anti-inflammatory properties.
There are plenty of options for hummus itself. Add any one from below and make your Iftaar time tastier and fun :
1. Avocado Hummus : just add an avocado in your hummus mix and blend.
2. Black Bean Hummus : to make your hummus creamier replace chickpeas with black beans and enjoy a different flavor.
3. Roasted Pepper Hummus : roast a pepper on pan before blending and then add it into the mix.