QATAR MUSEUMS ANNOUNCES EVENTS OF QATAR-FRANCE 2020
Radio Olive 106.3 FM became a part of an important conference marking Qatar Museums announcement of Qatar-France 2020 Year Of Culture. Qatar Museums along with French Embassy in Doha announced the programme of events for the upcoming 12 months at the National Museum of Qatar. These programmes are wide ranging which include exhibitions, festivals, bilateral exchanges held in both nations across 2020. This is the 9th annual programme, where Qatar Museums collaborate with different nations to promote mutual understanding. This year’s focus is France and its culture which will help strengthen ties between the two nations.
H.E., Salah Bin Ghanem Al Ali, Minister of Culture and Sports expressed his welcome to the Qatar-France 2020 Year Of Culture.
Also present was the Honorable Franck Gellet, Ambassador of the Republic of France to the State Of Qatar. He shared his happiness with the advance of relationships between Qatar and France.
As per the given information, Qatar-France 2020 Year of Culture shall be inaugurated on 10th January with a grand celebration at Katara Opera House. One of the most exciting and celebrated conductors of the present generation, Mark Piollet, will lead the Qatar Philharmonic Orchestra to initiate the event.
Below is a glimpse of rest of the amazing events that everyone in Qatar can look forward for the Qatar-France 2020 Year Of Culture :
1. February 2020 : the Palais de Tokyo will host a major contemporary art exhibition with the title Our World is Burning. This has been co-curated and co-produced by the contemporary centre and Mathaf : Arab Museum of Modern Art.
2. March 2020 : the Fire Station Garage Gallery will present outstanding exhibition Picasso’s Studios.
3. March 2020 : Katara Drama Theatre will host Paris Cultural Magnet Extraordinaire concert in partnership with Qatar Music Academy.
4. April 2020: IDAM will host a gastronomy event and exhibition titled, Gout De France.
5. In fall : National Museum of Qatar’s temporary exhibition will host an exhibition curated by renowned French art historian, Catherine Grenier.
This and much more is in store for the upcoming year and Radio Olive 106.3 FM will keep you posted for it all.