World Photography Day
Written by TEAM OLIVE on August 19, 2018
Photography is truth and truth is often stranger than fiction.
Radio Olive presents some strange facts about photos, photo cameras and photography.
#worldphotographyday #photography #Cameraaction #photos #lovecamera #smileplease #Photographyhobby
- The term camera originated from the latin word “Camera Obscura” which means “Dark Chamber.”
- Cameras that captured the moon’s surface for the first time were left there because of their weight. These cameras shot iconic images of the Moon’s surface and were left behind to allow for the 25 kg of lunar rock samples to be carried back instead.
- The largest photo competition ever held received 353,768 entries. This was entered in the Guinness Book Of world Records. The competition was held at Wiki Loves Monuments in Netherlands. This competition is held every year by the Wikipedia Community.
- The largest camera collection is owned by Dilish Parekh, a photo journalist from Mumbai. He has a collection of 4,425 antique cameras.
- Robert Capa, a Hungarian war photographer who has covered 5 wars around the world and killed by a landmine while photographing the first Indochina war in the 1950s.
- People never smiled in the old photos because they had to stay still for hours.
- The left side of our faces looks better in photographs than the right side.
- The most viewed photograph in history is the Windows XP’s default wallpaper called “Bliss”.
- Kurt Moser got an old russian truck converted into camera
- The saddest photograph till date is that of a vulture stalking on a child in Sudan.