Sand Storm – Be Safe!!
Written by TEAM OLIVE on January 21, 2019
Sandstorm is one big issue during winters and for last few days we all have been witnessing sandstorm. It is important to take precautions during this season and protect our health. Infants, teenagers, Pregnant woment and elderly people , people with respiratory conditions, heart diseases need to be very careful.
Radio Olive 106.3 FM gives few tips to be safe during sandstorm.
- If you have a mask, put it on immediately. Or Atleast cover your mouth and nose with a piece of wet cloth.
- Protect your eyes with airtight goggles. normal eyewear provides minimal protection. And Avoid wearing contact lenses.
- Always your eyes with water. Never ever rub it in case it becomes irritated.
- Drive slowly and always pull over during low visibility. Keep yourself and your family safe.
- Use the headlights. Only during emergency parking, use Hazard lights.
- People with bad allergies and asthama are advised to immediately head to emergency department in case of persistent cough and if you have trouble breathing.
- Always place a wet towel or cloth under the door so that dust cannot enter your home.