A great news for all the expatriates in Qatar !!
- On Tuesday, His Highness, The Amir, Sheikh Tamim Bin Hamad AL Thani issued a law on Tuesday that allows the expatriates, covered under labor law to leave the country temporarily or for good without any exit permit within the duration of his/her contract. However, the employer needs to submit an application with the names of employees he deems necessary to get his approval before leaving the country.
The new law also states that any worker who is not allowed to leave the country for any reason can approach the Expatriate Exit Grievances committee.
The new law is effective starting from the day following its publication in the official gazette.
Another law has been issued on Permanent Residency for Non Qatari Individuals who have spent 20 years in Qatar and have income to meet his needs as well as dependants, should have knowledge of Arabic language. Individuals falling in to the following categories will be approved to have the permanent residency:
- The children of a Qatari woman married to a non-Qatari man.
2. The non-Qatari husband of a Qatari woman
3. The non-Qatari wife of a Qatari man
4. The children of Qataris who acquired citizenship
5. Individuals who have done great services to the country
6. Individuals with special capabilities needed by the country.
More details can be found here : https://www.gulf-times.com/story/604961/Amir-issues-law-on-permanent-residency#section_178