January 26th marks a special date for India as it marks the adoption Day of the Constitution. A lot of forethought was put into this draft as it is the longest constitution at 444 words and the amount of time taken for the first draft. In fact, the constitution is so precious that original copies are still stored at the Parliament House Library. These are filled with helium gases to preserve the writings. Apart from this also, there are many important facts about the Indian Constitution and Republic Day. Read on to know more about the Indian Republic Day of India :
1. January 26th commemorates the Day the Constitution of India came into effect.
2. It was drafted after several meeting of leaders under the chairmanship of Dr. B.R. Ambedkar.
3. It took 2 years to formulate the present draft which was then adopted.
4. It was the day of the Declaration Of Purna Swaraj by Indian National Congress.
5. On this day Rajpath is lined with a special Republic Day program or the Parade representing each state of India.
6. Along with the parade the brave and service oriented are awarded medals which include Padma Awards, Bharat Ratna among many.
7. Every year there is a special chief guest of the occasion. This year the Chief Guest was Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro.