HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE BOLLYWOOD DIVA : ANUSHKA SHARMA
Written by Team Olive on May 1, 2019
From “Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi” to “Ae Dil Hai Mushkil”, birthday girl and Bollywood diva Anushka Sharma has come a long way. She debuted in 2008 , almost 11 years ago and has managed to become a household name since then. Married to record-breaking cricketer Virat Kohli, Anushka has been reigning on the Bollywood hitlist for more than a decade. Here are some amazing facts that show she was meant to be the Bollywood queen that she is today!
1. She belongs to an army family and her brother is a part of Merchant Navy.
2. She initially wanted to be a journalist but when she shifted to Mumbai she thought modelling will help her meet ends.
3. Anushka was deemed as “not-fit” for modelling since she emoted a lot.
4. Even though she has walked the ramp for fashion veterans like Wendell Rodricks, she would end up smiling at the ramp, which most felt unprofessional.
5. In “Bombay Velvet”, Ranbir Kapoor made her cry by pranking her the most on the sets.
6. Anushka cried while coming back from her first award show as she had lost the Best Debut award to Asin.
7. What made her feel better was Amitabh Bachchan’s compliment, “she has a lot of raw talent”.
8. Cricket has been close to her since long. Her father was a state level cricket player. No wonder Anushka was impressed with Virat Kohli.