If you have a short stopover at Hamad International Airport following are the tips you should follow & Chill.
CONNECT TO THE FREE WIFI
- Wifi at Hamad International is free, fast & unlimited. Simply connect to ‘HIAQatar Complimentary WiFi’. It will ask for Qatar E-ticket number to log on- you’ll find this on the boarding pass if you don’t have your booking handy. There are also iMac computers near the gates if you don’t bring your laptop.
TAKE A SHOWER
- Tip for surviving a transit is to head to the nearest shower as it will do wonders for your mental health on a long-haul flight as well apart from the hygiene benefits. Use the shower room at the Vitality Wellbeing & Fitness centre as they sparkling new facilities with lockers, towels, Ritual spa toiletries & use of hair dyers are included.40 Mins will be allotted to use the facilities & meanwhile your boarding pass will be held at the front desk until you leave.
DESIGNATED FAMILY OR QUIET AREA
- There are a number of amazing sculptures for the sight around the airport, some of which children can climb on & one of which (Teddy) everyone seemed keen to get a selfie with.
- There are also quiet lounges for those looking to get some shut-eye & family lounges for those traveling with kids.
DOHA CITY TOUR
- If you have a transit time of more than 6 hours you can book a Discover Qatar City. This guided tour is designated to be an introduction to Doha & includes stops at city highlights such as the Pearl-Qatar, Katara Cultural Villiage, Souq Waqif & the Museum of Islamic Art.
SLEEP AT THE HAMAD INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT
- Depending on how long you’ve got time to kill it might worth checking The Oryx Airport Hotel, which has chic airside rooms & grants free access to the gym, pool & jacuzzi at the vitality wellness Centre.
Apart from the above-mentioned attractions, there are many points at Hamad International airport to make your wait worthwhile.