Bees have been always considered as one of the most important part of the ecology. Without them there will be no pollination, leading to no-flowers, no fruit and obviously no next crop. It is evident how they shape the environment. While their contribution is know, but current pollution levels and deforestation have rendered the Honey Bees habitat less. To stress on their current status, 17th August has been termed as Bee awareness day and here are a few trivia about bees which you should definitely know :
1. Honey Bees communicate with each other through dancing.
2. Honey bee is the only insect that produces food eaten by human.
3. The buzzing sound we hear is the bees wings that beat against each other 11,400 times per minute.
4. Given its lifespan, one honey bee can only make a twelfth spoonful of honey.
5. Honey bees can fly for up to 6 miles in one go.
6. They are very hardworking as each insect must make trip of at least 50-100 flowers ever time.
7. Bees can be trained too, they calculate and remember the routes taken for their collection.