It has been only a few days since Doha Metro has been active and it is already garnering a lot of praises and we at 106.3 FM Radio Olive share our appreciation for it too. The futuristic Doha Metro is making connectivity extremely easy for all residents of Doha as we at 106.3 FM Radio Olive shared our first ride experience with everyone. This is only a starting point for the Doha Metro and Lusail Tram projects. Here is a look at all that Doha Metro has in store for everyone :
1. Doha Metro will be built in 2 phases, current Doha Metro Line is a part of the first phase.
2. The first phase will be completed with Red, Gold and Green lines.
3. The second phase will be completed with expansion of phase 1 lines as well as addition of Blue Line.
4. The first phase will be fully functional by 2020.
5. The second phase will be fully functional by 2026.
6. The first phase will have a total of 37 stations.
7. The second phase will include a total of 72 stations taking the count to 109.
8. Msheireb station will be the largest station will 3 of the Doha Metro lines, Red, Green and Gold lines intersecting at the station as a meeting point.