“Hum Tum” is the perfect movie that signifies the coming-of-age for romantic movie in Bollywood. Rani Mukerji and Saif Ali Khan played the roles of 2 star-crossed lovers with the most entertaining life twists. Featuring the late Rishi Kapoor and the adorable Kirron Kher, it is a movie that can’t be missed. While the movie was quite a screenblazer, it had quote a few interesting prospects behind the scene. Read on to know more :
1. It wasn’t easy for Saif to be cast. Initially, Vivek Oberoi was chosen to play Karan Kapoor, but he later declined. Aamir Khan and Hrithik Roshan were also offered the role , but both of them declined citing other engagements.
2. Saif liked to show off his wardrobe for this as we wore his own camo-printed pants in the “Ladki Kyon Na Janne Hai Ladke Se Nahin Hoti” song.
3. At the start, the title was quite a mouthful “Na Jane Kab Pyar Ho Gaya”. Thankfully, it was later changed to a short and sweet sounding Hum Tum. Lara Dutta was also to be a part of a cameo for the movie but she was busy with. shooting for ‘Khakee’ and hence had to opt out.
4. When Saif was trying many different hair styles for this movie, one of the assistants gave him the “This looks like a Tom Cruise style” look . Director Kunal Kohli heard this and included it in the script.
5. Jimmy Sheirgill was also a part of the starcast as a supporting character. He goes to pick up Kirron Kher and Rani Mukerji at the airport and during the journey they listen to some music. The song that plays is ‘Andekhi anjaani si’ from ‘Mujhse Dosti Karoge!’ ; also a Kunal Kohli film.