National Address Registration is a set of specified data by every natural resident or legal person, whether a citizen or expatriate and all his transactions with governmental and non-governmental bodies are completed based on those data.
As per the Ministry of Interiors, starting 27th January all citizens, expatriates, and legal persons are to register their national addresses within a period of 6 months as stated in the National Address Law (Law No. 24 of 2017). It is mandatory for all in Qatar and the last date for the registration is July 26th 2020.
The benefit of National Address Registration are many such as ease in conduct of judicial proceedings. Along with this it would be easier to reach any concerned people in issues of personal and public interest. This will also facilitate the delivery of various services from different service providers.
National Address can be registered on either Metrash2 app or on the website of Ministry of Interior or Unified Services Centres of the Ministry of Interior.
REGISTRATION USING METRASH2
- Login to you Metrash2 app and you will see notification “Your National Address is not yet defined. Kindly define your National Address by using Metrash2 services” for which you have to click OK.
- Find the National Address icon on home page of the app and click Add National Address
- After that Click on Register/Inquire National Address.
- Fill up the form with all important data.
- Click on to Next.
- A National Address Pledge will pop up. Just Click Continue.
- Once you see your National Address, just Click DONE to Finish.
– Note : For children below 18 years, father can register for the address. For children above 18 years of age, they have to register themselves.
– If anyone fails to register themselves within given date they will be fined to an amount of QR 10,000.