Radio Olive 106.3 FM wishes everyone a safe and happy Ramadan. As we all practice social distancing at this time, we have the time to revisit old classics we would otherwise skip. Now with the leisure of home at our disposal, we bring you another classic movie that you should watch. The movie in focus is “Angoor”. Based on Shakespeare’s play “Comedy Of Errors”, it is a story of identical twins and a hilarious mixed up romance. What makes it more interesting are some behind the scene facts. Read on to know more :
1. This was Moushumi’s last role as a full fledged actress. She had gone on her second maternity break after the movie and when she returned, the actress was only offered supporting roles.
2. Bad-blood had ensued between Kiran Virale and Gulzar with the former even accusing him of having an affair with actress Deepti. Later it was revealed that Kiran had been refused the film which she was keen to feature in but Gulzar was in favor of casting Deepti.
3. This movie is a remake of the 1968 movie “Do Dooni Char” which was a colossal flop at the time. Things had been so bad that no investor wanted to go forth with the remake at all.
4. Second time did turn out to be a blessing for the movie and its makers. Gulzar especially did a better job a second time. It was such a great job that beat Amitabh’s “Bemisaal”.
5. The movie is so good that a new film is supposed to remade by Rohit Shetty featuring Shahrukh Khan who play the role of Sanjeev Kumar.