In latest news, Education City Tram has started its operations from today. As per a tweet of Qatar Foundation, the Blue Line is now open for business. This will make journey to Education City more convenient for public. With many new features and multiple benefits for its travelers, Education City Tram has unique facts you should know. Read on to know more about this service and its operations :
1. There are 7 stops for the Blue Line of and its route serve Education City Stadium, Qatar Academy and VCUarts Qatar.
2. 19 trams will be provided by Siemens, the German-based company tasked with the project.
3. Each tram has capacity of 234 passengers, including 60 seated. The Education City Tram will transport an average of approximately 3,000 people in each direction every hour.
4. The trams also boast of a range of state-of-the art energy-saving features. This includes Siemens’ Sitras HES energy storage system for better conservation.
5. The interiors have been tastefully done keeping a bright and airy ambiance. There are special sunshades on the roof and tinted insulated glass are fitted to maintain comfortable temperatures inside.
6. It is also reported that many other lines will be “launched soon”.