The 1st ANOC World Beach Games represents another landmark occasion for Qatar and it kicks off today with an opening ceremony at Katara which was attended by HE the President of the Qatar Olympic Committee (QOC) Sheikh Joaan bin Hamad al-Thani, ANOC Acting President Robin Mitchell and a host of other national and international dignitaries. The opening ceremony started with the Qatari national anthem, followed by an introductory film about
the competitions and entry of participants. With more than 1,200 athletes from 97 countries competing in 14 disciplines for 50 medals.
- The event is going to be hosted by 4 venues:
- Katara Beach (3×3 Basketball, Kitefoil Racing, Open Water Swimming 5km, Aquathlon, Individual Kata, Beach Wrestling, Beach Tennis, Beach Soccer)
- Al-Gharafa (Beach Handball, Beach Volleyball)
- Aspire Zone (Bouldering, Skateboarding)
- Legtafiya Lagoon (Waterski Jump, Wakeboard)
Qatar 2019 World Beach Games is an extraordinary event that is being held for the first time in the history of beach sports, adding that beach sports atmosphere is suitable for the whole family and the crowd will come in large numbers to encourage their teams and enjoy the beaches of Doha. Public can enter the stadiums and attend the games for free.
make sure you check out radio olive Facebook and Instagram for the coverage of the event.