Qatar is a great place for the anyone who wants to discover its culture and have a great time. From amazing museums, colorful shopping markets with cultural significance like Souq and grand beaches, it is a haven for any traveler. With over 560 kms long coastline, beaches are there for anyone to explore. For all the thalassophiles, here are the best beaches of Qatar you just can’t miss :
1. Al Farkiya : This is just outside Al Khor on the Route 1A as you drive to Al Khor. One can notice the “Al Farkeeh Beach” sign as you take a right turn after the roundabout. Visitors can enjoy the several play areas and watchtowers among other things. Do take care of the timings though and entry is free.
2. Al Ghariya : As one travels on the Al Shamal (North) Road, there is a Al Ghariya turnoff which leads to this wonderful beach. Spotted 1.5 km away from the Al Ghariya Beach Resort, this is the best spot here is the old Scout Camp.
3. Al Thakira : Driving here may not be so easy but the journey is worth. At the Doha Golf Club roundabout, one must keep driving 37 km at Al Khor Route 1A. After crossing over between a few houses the GPS will lead you away from the village. There is a salt marsh which then leads to a depression in the desert and then to the beautiful beach.
4. Al Wakrah : An old fishing town, now the area is under constant development. With its 4 km long coastline stretching between hills to the beach it is a great place to relax after a long evening at the office. It even has a football and volleyball area too.
5. Katara Beach : Right after immersing yourself in a great cultural amalgamation, Katara beach becomes a great place for quite self-reflective walk. It is 1.5 km long and is open to guests who can just drop by and it even has a specialised play area for children of all age.