World Cancer Day is an international Day marked on Feb 4th to raise Awareness of cancer . Radio Olive 106.3 FM presents some facts about World Cancer Day and about the deadliest disease Cancer.
- This year the World Cancer Day Campaign will be called “I CAN & I WILL”. The campaign will run for next three years.
- The tagline for the campaign run from 2016 to 2018 was “We CAN. I CAN”
- Breast, Lungs and Prostate cancer are the most commonly diagnosed cancers in the USA. Approx 70% pantients with lung cancer die, while only 16% & 14% of patients with Breast & Prostate cancer die.
- Childhood cancers are not very common. Only 1% of all cancers diagnosed in a year will be for a child under the age of 5.
World Cancer Day was founded by the Union for International Cancer Control to support the goals of the World Cancer Declaration, written in 2008.
How can we protect Against Cancer?
- Don’t use tobacco. Using any type of tobacco puts you on a collision course with cancer.
- Eat a healthy diet.
- Maintain a healthy weight and be physically active.
- Protect yourself from the sun.
- Get vaccinated.
- Get regular medical care
Live a healthy life. Keep smiling…